After 4 long months, I finally got the EV back on the road. I apologize for not keeping this blog well updated. In the meantime I’ve done so many small tasks, that it was hard to blog about them.
Here’s a short list of the things I completed:
- Fixed the driveshaft
- Connected the transmission housing to the motor
- Mounted motor
- Mounted reversing contactor
- Destroyed reversing contactor’s diode
- Hooked up reversing contactor between motor/controller
- Rebuilt steering column
- Replaced steering wheel with later model wheel
- Fixed wiring for blinkers
- Re-mounted batteries
- Test-drove new direct drive set up
- 2 miles into test drive, noticed speedo failed
There are tons of things to do cosmetically: little small things that I will hopefully get around to fixing. At the moment, I am content with how she’s driving, and I’ll likely work on some other projects until Burning Man is over.